Due to an internal transfer we are looking to appoint a Risk and Compliance Manager for our HR division. As part of the HR Leadership team responsible for first line of defence Risk and Compliance, this role reports into the Chief Human Resources Officer and leads the Division's risk management and compliance strategy.
Acting as an independent advisor to the Chief Human Resources Officer and other key executives, the role provides guidance to Management on design and implementation of risk controls, and conducts assurance activity in alignment with Line 2 and Line 3 oversight. A trusted partner, the Risk and Compliance Manager will be responsible for the implementation and promotion of the Divisions compliance policies and practices regarding Codes of Practice and Legislation.
The role will be responsible for collation and reporting on compliance performance and will act as the National Risk and Compliance Officer for Human Resources (HR). In addition, the role will assist the HR Division (and as applicable, agents, contractors and third party suppliers) to establish and maintain processes that will provide a level of assurance that Risk and Compliance objectives are being met.
* Developing and recommending compliance policy and processes which are adequate to meet divisional and organisational risk and compliance and policy obligations as well as selecting and maintaining appropriate risk identification and measurement methodologies
* Work with the GM's to develop and maintain operational compliance plans and risk control registers
* Promoting appropriate risk and compliance behaviour and culture by the effective communication and dissemination of risk and compliance strategies and, policies and processes
* Providing regular reporting on risk and compliance matters to senior management within the Division and second line of defence
* Where incidents are identified, proactively manage remediation of the incident including any process and control improvements to prevent reoccurrence
* Maintain a log of incidents including operational losses, near misses, compliance and other incidents and provide details to second line of defence
To be successful in this role you will demonstrate the following:
* 8-10 years financial services experience, with deep understanding of Compliance and Risk Management requirements
* Tertiary qualification in business / commerce or equivalent
* Exceptional analytical skills, including for operational, commercial, reputational and legal risk
* Investigation acumen, to analyse near-misses, incidents and breaches
* Strong communication and stakeholder engagement skills, to executive level
* An ability to foster buy-in and manage strategy through influence
* Expertise in developing and managing robust and scalable processes and policies
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills